Fall Semester 2016
Do you love design? Creating unique graphics that are eye catching? Helping spread the word about a growing start up? Bharat Babies is a Boston based startup that is leading the way in multicultural children’s book publishing. With seven books across three product categories, the company is looking rapidly grow in this unique and diverse market.
Bharat Babies has a fast paced work environment and we seek talented employees who crave learning new skills and aren't afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects that will help us grow.
Our ideal candidate will love to create unique, beautiful designs that showcase our cast of characters and books. You love thinking outside the box, and creating a visual story that helps to showcase our brand. You have a deep passion for multicultural media and are excited by start up culture.
Bharat Babies is looking for a highly creative, motivated and driven individual who can conceptualize and produce creative campaigns and a wide variety of graphic materials for Bharat Babies’ programs. The ability to create compelling designs for both print and digital platforms is essential. Qualified candidates must exhibit knowledge in creative marketing, advertising, and technology trends. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based media startup.
What You Will Do and Learn:
- Create and develop media to be shared on social media platform including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Medium, and Pinterest;
- Develop educational materials to be used by teachers, librarians and other caregivers;
- Design unique videos and short clips to be used in ad campaigns;
- Work with bloggers and other partners to develop co-branded campaigns and images;
- Create a suite of lifestyle photos that feature Bharat Babies books and products;
- Work alongside Creative Director and CEO to ensure images are aligned with brand identity.
What We Require:
- Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, & Photoshop and/or other common design and layout Applications
- Photography skills and access to photography equipment
- Basic video editing skills
- Having a computer and access to graphic design and layout software is required
- Proficient command of English grammar and spelling
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with various departments to finish necessary projects
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in the mission of Bharat Babies and some knowledge of the media/publishing industry is a plus
- Self starter, able to think creatively to solve problems
Schedule & Compensation
Interns must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer. Interns will be unpaid and will be expected to be available 5-10 hours per week. Academic credit may be offered. This position can be based off site within the continental United States.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN 2016”. In addition to explaining why you’d like to work with Bharat Babies please include the following in your cover letter:
- How much time you would be able to commit each week
- What days and for how long you are available