When we think of summer, we think of fun times with our family, playing games, and eating good food. This summer Bharat Babies is sharing exciting and healthy recipes to join the list of tasty foods you and your child will be enjoying.
Most children like fruit and are willing to eat it, but eating vegetables is a different story. Luckily, we have something that will help change that! Have you ever tried a carrot dip? It’s delicious!
5 Medium Carrots
2 Garlic cloves (peeled)
1 Teaspoon of olive oil
4 Teaspoons of water
1/4 Cup of mayonnaise (or hummus)
1/8 Teaspoon of sugar
1/8 Teaspoon of salt
* Recipe yields 4-6 servings
- Wash the carrots and cut widthwise into several pieces
- Put the carrots, garlic, and oil into a bowl and evenly coat with olive oil.
- On the greased baking pan, lay the cut carrots and the peeled garlic cloves. Bake at 425º for 20 minutes.
- Put the baked carrots, water, mayonnaise or hummus, sugar and salt in the blender and blend away until you have a smooth consistency. Add more water if needed.
This is a great fun-colored dip you can have at lunch or as a light dinner with chips or plantains. If your kids are feeling particularly adventurous, have them try dipping other things (veggies like red or bell peppers of course!). Enjoy this dip with your family and friends and share your beautiful memories with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @Bharatbabies.